New Smoke and heat alarm legislation in Scotland

The new Smoke and heat alarms that used to be law in Scotland for landlord has now been extended to homeowners, as of February 2022 all homes in Scotland would need to be fitted with interlinked smoke and heat alarm detection systems. Below is a video from the Scottish Government regarding the new law To request a visit from our leading installers contact WES Electrical below WES Electrical - 01418405236 are fully qualified to install the new smoke and heat alarms Two types of alarms You can use either sealed battery alarms or mains-wired alarms. Both types of alarm are interlinked by radio frequency and do  not  need WiFi. What the alarms must have If you use battery alarms , they must be sealed tamper-proof units and have long-life lithium batteries, which can be up to 10 years. You may be able to fit these types of alarms yourself and they do not need an electrician. Mains-wired alarms are cheaper but if you use them, they must be fitted by a qualified electrician and must be rep

Landlord Certificates Glasgow


Electrical Boilers in Glasgow

What are electric boilers? Electric boilers are a method of heating hot water for your heating system using only electricity. A typical boiler uses gas to heat the water, whilst an electric boiler can be used in off-grid areas, or where a gas supply is either not wanted or not possible. This a new method of creating hot water and a new installation of the boiler unit would need to be carried out. Landlord Certificate ? You would initially need to carry out checks to see what electrical system you have in your property, This would involve an EICR report carried out on your property, if you are a landlord in Glasgow you would be used to this by way of yearly landlord certificates that you would require. As long as you have modern wiring, and unto date consumer unit / fuseboard the installation can go ahead without additional works required. Landlord Certificates Glasgow How do electric boilers work? The boiler itself is very simple. It can come in various shapes and forms, but typic

Landlord Safety

1.  Introduction The majority of landlords are proactive when it comes to ensuring the safety of their tenants and make a welcome contribution to the housing market. But a minority fail to do so, putting their tenants in danger as a result. These new Regulations require landlords in Glasgow to have the electrical installations in their properties inspected and tested by a person who is qualified and competent, at least every 5 years. Landlords have to provide a copy of the electrical safety report to their tenants, and to their local authority if requested. This means that all landlords now have to do what good landlords already do: make sure the electrical installations in their rented properties are safe. The Regulations came into force on 1 June 2020 and form part of the Department’s wider work to improve safety in all residential premises and particularly in the private rented sector. This is a major step towards levelling up the private rented sector, making sure it will offer

Landlord Rights 2021

Landlords ' rights and responsibilities This page provides an overview of the rights and responsibilities of being a landlord if you rent out property in Scotland. COVID-19 The Scottish Government has published advice for landlords and letting agents. Landlord Certificates Glasgow registration If you are thinking of letting your home, it is vital that you are aware of your legal rights and obligations. One of the first things you will need to do is register as a landlord in Glasgow with every local authority area that you let a house out in. You can find out more about landlord registration here. When a property is advertised, landlords have to include their registration number in all adverts. The Right to Rent From 1 February 2015 landlords who have rental properties in England and Wales have to check that tenants or lodgers can legally rent their property.  These regulations only apply to properties in England and Wales, and do not apply to tenants or lodgers who rent property