Showing posts from March, 2012

Medical Adaptation Electricians

Medical adaptations to your property Who is eligible for a medical adaptation ? If you are disabled and living in States rental property, you may require an adaptation or item of equipment to assist you in your daily living. What does the process involve? If you are finding aspects of your daily living difficult due to an illness or medical condition, your doctor may write to the Assisted Living Team with their concerns. Alternatively, your carer, district nurse or healthcare worker may make an application to us on your behalf. Only adaptations appropriate for your specific needs will be considered. An occupational therapist will visit your home to assess your particular needs. They will then send us their report and assessment of adaptations or equipment that may be required in your home. If it is a simple measure that is required, such as a handrail or bathboard installation , this will be carried out by an appointed contractor as soon as possible. However, if it is a more