Showing posts from March, 2021

Landlord Safety

1.  Introduction The majority of landlords are proactive when it comes to ensuring the safety of their tenants and make a welcome contribution to the housing market. But a minority fail to do so, putting their tenants in danger as a result. These new Regulations require landlords in Glasgow to have the electrical installations in their properties inspected and tested by a person who is qualified and competent, at least every 5 years. Landlords have to provide a copy of the electrical safety report to their tenants, and to their local authority if requested. This means that all landlords now have to do what good landlords already do: make sure the electrical installations in their rented properties are safe. The Regulations came into force on 1 June 2020 and form part of the Department’s wider work to improve safety in all residential premises and particularly in the private rented sector. This is a major step towards levelling up the private rented sector, making sure it will offer

Landlord Rights 2021

Landlords ' rights and responsibilities This page provides an overview of the rights and responsibilities of being a landlord if you rent out property in Scotland. COVID-19 The Scottish Government has published advice for landlords and letting agents. Landlord Certificates Glasgow registration If you are thinking of letting your home, it is vital that you are aware of your legal rights and obligations. One of the first things you will need to do is register as a landlord in Glasgow with every local authority area that you let a house out in. You can find out more about landlord registration here. When a property is advertised, landlords have to include their registration number in all adverts. The Right to Rent From 1 February 2015 landlords who have rental properties in England and Wales have to check that tenants or lodgers can legally rent their property.  These regulations only apply to properties in England and Wales, and do not apply to tenants or lodgers who rent property

Registration for private landlords (Scotland)

Registration for private landlords (Scotland) For help with landlord certificates in Glasgow visit Overview If you’re a landlord letting out your own property in Scotland, you must register with Landlord Registration central online system for Scotland. Conditions If you’re planning to rent your property out to 3 or more unrelated people, you’ll also need a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) licence. You must give the council: your name and current address the address of each house you own details of any co-owners details of any agent who will manage lease or occupancy arrangements for you any other information required To become a registered private landlord, you must be a ‘fit and proper person’. The registration process will take into account: convictions for fraud, firearms, sexual, violent or drug offences any anti-social behaviour orders against you or any of your tenants any unlawful discrimination breaches of letting codes, housing law or landlor

Energy Performance Certificates Glasgow

Energy Performance Certificates Last updated   20 January 2020 An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) gives information on how energy efficient a building is and how it could be improved. You need an EPC when: applying for a completion certificate for a new building  selling a building  renting a building to a new tenant If you sell or rent and you do not provide an EPC, or include the building's energy rating if advertising it, you could be fined a minimum of £500. Exceptions There are certain types of buildings that do not need an EPC. These are: standalone buildings (other than homes) with a useful floor area of less than 50 square metres temporary buildings which are planned to be used for 2 years or less buildings with a low energy demand (non-residential agricultural buildings or workshops) buildings sold to be demolished Places of worship, listed and historic buildings need an EPC if sold or rented out in Scotland. Legislation about this is different in other parts of the U

Covid 19 Landlord Eviction Ban

Scottish housing advice: coronavirus (COVID-19)  Eviction If you get any notices from your landlord you should seek advice as soon as you can. Even if your landlord has sent you a notice, there might still be ways to prevent eviction. Speak to an adviser if you need help. Winter 'eviction ban' The Scottish Government brought in new rules which ban eviction enforcement action for a short period of time. The ban is currently in force in all Tier 3 and Tier 4 areas.  The Scottish Government have a postcode checker to use if you're not sure what Tier your area is in.  the ban covers both social rented and private rented sector tenancies this ban is reviewed by the Scottish Government every 21 days the ban only applies to the ‘enforcement’ part of eviction proceedings. It means sheriff officers can't remove a household from a property while the ban is in place. There are some exceptions to the ban. For example, if the eviction was granted due to criminal or antisocial behav

Landlord Certificates Glasgow / Paisley

Our electricians provide electrical safety inspections ( EICR ) and certificates for landlords and agencies in Glasgow and the west of Scotland, at the lowest prices. If you’re in need of Landlord Certificates eg. Electrical Certificate, PAT Testing,  EPC,  Legionella, Gase Safe certificate, just give us a call Glasgow / Paisley  01418405236 What is an Electrical Certificate ( EICR )? An electrical inspection examines the state of the electrical wiring throughout your property This should be carried out every 5 years, or change of tenancy, This testing checks if an installation meets safety standards. Once the inspection is completed, you are issued with an electrical certificate or Electrical Installation Condition Report ( EICR ). This outlines whether your installation is satisfactory, or whether any issues have been found. Our fully trained engineers have the relevant qualifications, and are highly experienced in providing both periodic electrical inspection reports and electrica